And that bag? Well, I packed a carry on. I can say that I'm a chronic over-packer and like to make my hotel rooms "feel" like home. But lately, I've been learning that simple is just about always better... or at least, it's easier to travel with. I think I've flown more in this year with just a carry on than I have in my entire life.
And yes, internet, I'm patting myself on the back right now.
Here are a few of my favorite go-to items that end up in my little roller bag...
1) Colored skinny jeans, as seen in this fave post. (Just not too skinny, we've all heard about the recent reports of nerve damage right?) And yes, I packed both my red and teal this week.
2) Travel friendly face care, like my Fresh Farmacy face wash bar from Lush. And of course it never hurts to carry a little Grease Lightning for the acting up that your skin tends to do with travel.
3) A great, lightweight scarf. It works as a small blanket on the plane, helps keep away the chill from gray, rainy days (thanks, Baltimore) and can change up an outfit on the fly. I can't find the one I usually use online anymore, but it's similar to this one from H&M.
4) EOS lip balm from this faves post. It's cute, it's fun, it works and it smells delish. Oh, and at 95% organic, 100% natural, paraben, petrolatum and phthalate free, it's a little crunchy too.
5) A comfy, striped, well-fitting, long sleeve tee. I actually packed a short sleeve flouncy tee and a long sleeve fitted one... and used both while on this trip. But the simple colors of this top means it will go with just about anything.
6) I'm in love with NARS The Multiples, and you may have noticed if you've seen this post. The one I use almost every day and is a great travel companion? This one here.
7) A great pair of sandals can go both dressy and casual.
The few other essentials that were in my bag:
- Toiletries in trial or travel sizes (Get samples whenever you can, they're perfect for that tiny little ziplock bag allowed in a carry on.)
- A LBD (Little Black Dress, though mine was a maxi version)
- A great pair of heels.
- A black cardigan/lightweight sweater.
- A small umbrella, because I knew rain was in the forecast.
- A clutch purse. I didn't want to carry it on the plane, but wanted to have something small to carry.
- A travel size Febreeze, for stale rooms and to freshen clothes.
So, if you've got a trip coming up, try it with a carry on! With just a little planning, it's much easier than you think.
Goodnight, I've got an early morning flight back to my little ones... and I'll be seeing them even quicker than usual since I don't have to wait for a suitcase at baggage claim!