I was recently given this piece of hand-me-down furniture
and I was so giddy about styling it. Almost as giddy as getting it for free.
I often have people tell me that they struggle styling, so I thought I'd share
my tips and rules to live by when styling.
1. Highs & Lows. Make sure to grab pieces of varying height so that
there will be visual interest and the eye has different places to look.
2. Groups of three. This is one of my rules to live by when styling. Things just look
better grouped as a threesome. I think I may have a beef with even numbers.
3. Color coordinate. When you're fumbling for a cohesive look, group things
together of similar color. It will create an instant collection.
4. Find your style. A snail figurine and ceramic owls in a birdcage aren't for everyone,
but they are right up my alley. I'm a knick-knacky person
and I embrace it. Find things you love and include them in your style.
5. Get creative. Look around your house and see what you already
have on hand that you could use for styling. I wanted a pedestal
of sorts, so I turned a vintage bowl upside down and put a plate on
top - instant pedestal for my faux pears.
6. Group similar objects. Glassware. Vases. Books. Frames. Whatever.
Connect with Shelby:
Etsy Store: Honeysuckle Finds